Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sloppy Kingston

Sloppy Kingston

It snowed 15 cm essentially over night and 80% of that snow had melted by the following afternoon. The results were horribly predictable and everything turned sloppy. However, instead of a rant about how the Weather Gods hate me, the ground is conspiring against me, the lack of animals that came out to enjoy early spring, the need to clean my shoes and do extra wash, I'll hold back. Instead I'd like to offer a complement to the storm sewers of this fine city, and the engineers behind them. They are likely over 100 years old and perhaps much older. But they performed most admirably, keeping the streets reasonably dry, and when it finally froze over again last night, reasonably ice free. So heres to old time engineering that works. Before computer models there were pens and paper and the always reliable: good judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment